5/17/2011

Bored

I am so bored with everything that is. So bored that a bridge collapse in East Squeedunk, RI, covered exclusively by CBS, where the few survivors are swimming around in the the flood like lost water bugs, and the soon-or-later-to-be raped reporters with novels on there minds are pleading for their lives at the hands of a sexually deprived mob of Arab construction workers makes me scream for a commercial.

I wait...and the wait is worth it. The cast of Glee, dressed entirely in white, is selling an American automobile forgotten by most of us for the last fifty years...selling it with their fake high school innocence, their patented smiles and wrinkle-free bell bottoms, singing, singling: "Drive your Chevrolet through the USA. America's the greatest land of all..." Ah, somewhere, way back then, I heard that refrain--over and over again until it became part of my Yankee blood, and then it died and I was overjoyed to hear it die, for its death meant the end of an era which, as does this one, bored me to death. And now, after all these years, here we go again, come full circle, driving our Chevrolets across the USA, happy together...

1 comment:

jim said...

Chas. I don't really believe you're bored. You seem to find something of interest in almost any situation. You just have the urge to move. Go for a long drive.